Finance is a necessary agenda for all managers irrespective of their areas of specialization. Managers and other decision-makers must acquire basic understanding of generally accepted Financial Management Principles & Practices as a basis of enabling them contribute positively to the organisations' objectives.
Hammond Tutu & Gunther Ltd will be conducting a 2 day Seminar on Finance for non Finance Managers & Directors on Oct 5th & 6th ,2017, at Villa Rosa Kempinski - Nairobi
Benefit of Attending this Seminar:
This 2 day Seminar is designed to provide Directors and Managers who do not have Finance background with an understanding of critical financial management concepts & ideas necessary to enable them understand their organisations' and departments' Financial issues;- Managers and Directors who go through this 2 days program are able to Interpret Financial Reports, appreciate issues around Cashflows & Working capital, get insights in Internal controls, Budgeting and other key Financial Management issues relevant at Senior Management level. They are generally able to interact with their finance teams and are at ease with and contribute to Financial discussions.
Some of the key learnings for participants will be :-
- Interpretation of financial statements- management accounts / statutory accounts.
- Cashflows & factors that affect an organisation’s cashflows.
- Cashflows / Profits / Losses. Specifically, understand how their roles / functions / departments affect cashflows, and also how their roles can positively contribute to organisations cashflows position.
- Working capital.Relationship between creditors, debtors, stocks, cash. Departmental activities and their effect on working capital & cashflows?
- Internal Controls for stocks, debtors, creditors, cash & bank. Risks & Redflags.
- Budgeting- Best Practice in Budget formulation, Management & Control. Budgets at departmental level- a simplified approach. Common mistakes in budget making, and how to avoid them.
- Overview of Tax environment in Kenya
- East Africa Community- Opportunities & Threats
Who Should Attend:
CEOs, Board Members, HODs, Other Managers, Branch Managers, Unit Managers, Operation Managers, Admin Managers, Planning Managers, Supervisors and all other Managers, Finance training champions (for re-training), Counties Planning & Budgeting staff, Unit Managers, Planning & Budgeting Accountants.
OTHER SEMINAR INFORMATION:
Date: OCT 5TH &6TH, 2017
Venue: Villa Rosa Kempinski-NAIROBI
Time: 8:30am - 4:30pm
FEES: Kshs 47,500 per Participant PLUS VAT
- Cost includes Facilitation, Training Materials, Lunches, Teas, Refreshments, Certificates.
- Organizations sponsoring more than 3 participants get the 4th to attend free.
- Participants are issued with a certificate of participation. ICPAK Members get CPD Hours in accordance with ICPAK rules.
- This program is approved by NITA (National Industrial Training Authority). Participating organizations are eligible to claim refund of training cost in accordance with NITA rules.
Click here to book this course
Detailed Course Outline
Accounting And Finance Fundamentals
- The financial fundamentals
- Accounting Systems
- Common Terminologies
- Accounting Concepts
- What guides accountants
Interpretation of Financial Statements
- The Balance Sheet, Income & Expenditure Statement, Cash-flow Statement
- Financial Analysis - Ratio Analysis
- How is your organization performing?
- Cash flows V/S profits/surplus
- Mgt activities and impact on cashflows
- Operational efficiency v/s cash-flow
- The long-term view of cash-flows
Internal Controls on
- Fraud & Redflags
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Linking Strategy with Budgets
- Budgeting Process-Best Practice
- Budgets Ownership & Responsibilities
- How to identify at which point your organization starts making/losing money
The Working Capital Mgt
- Working capital v/s Mgt roles.
- Challenges and managers roles in dealing with these challenges
- The optimum level of working capital
- What does it take to have a balanced working capital mix?
Making investment decisions
- Determining the return on investment
- Risk versus Return
- Diversification and construction of efficient portfolios
Borrowing and financing the business
- Optimum Borrowing Mix
- De-accelerate cash outflows – a way of getting cost free finance
- Gearing - Is your organization over-geared?
East African Community- Opportunities & Threats
Highlights of Taxation
- Overview of Taxation in Kenya
CEOs, Board Members, HODs, Other Managers, Branch Managers, Unit Managers, Operation Managers, Admin Managers, Planning Managers, Supervisors and all other Managers, Finance training champions (for re-training), Counties Planning & Budgeting staff, Unit M
Fees : Ksh 47500 plus VAT
Discount : 0 %
New Fees : Ksh 47500