Duma Works is recruiting a Front Office/Operations Manager in Nairobi for one of our clients; a fast ¬growing architectural glass firm, offering bespoke glass solutions for both commercial and residential projects.
Compulsory Requirements for Hire
- Meet all required skills listed below (additional skills considered valuable)
- Completion of technology aptitude assessment.
- Completion of mathematics aptitude assessment.
In Person interview.
Requirements for the Front Office & Operations Manager Job
- College degree / Certification courses.
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role.
- Thorough knowledge of customer service, office management and basic bookkeeping procedures.
- Meticulous organisation.
- Strong math skills, CPA a plus.
- Ability to develop and maintain an accurate record keeping system.
- Prioritisation: Understanding of what is the single most important task at any given moment. Ability to think on one’s feet and make decisions quickly.
- Effective communication: Ability to speak professionally and remain calm under immense pressure.
- Initiative: Ability to work alone and take a lead when hurdles arise or when tasks require completion.
- Planning: Staying ahead of the game and ensuring that plans for the future are clearly labelled out for all Team Members to follow.
- Team working: Fostering an environment of teamwork to ensure that all products are delivered on time and Company goals are met.
Problem Solving: Adapting to the ever changing environment and reacting quickly to meet challenges.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite ( Word , Excel, Outlook)
- High proficiency with web browsers and general internet use (Email / Website / Facebook / Twitter / G+1 of 2)
- High proficiency with smartphones and mobile apps
- Familiarity with Cloud Tools (WhatsApp mobile / web app, Google Suite (Sheets, Calendar, Word)
- Fully proficient in English (oral and written)
- Basic proficiency (oral) in Swahili and Gujarati / Hindi
Front Office & Operations Manager Job Responsibilities
- Receive and manage walk¬ing customers, incoming email and telephone calls in a welcoming and professional manner.
- Ensure timely and accurate correspondence with suppliers and customers.
- Write / Issue / Manage LPOs to suppliers.
- Write / Issue / Follow Up on quotations.
- Maintain / update product price lists.
- Monitor, plan and procure office consumables inventory.
- Ensure office is tidy at all times
- Manage / reconcile / maintain updated fiscal records (purchases, petty cash and account).
- Maintain creditor and debtor lists to ensure that the Company and its suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
- Remittance management (freelance / casual staff)
- Manage flow of work and information of site teams.
- Support and liaise reporting and information flow between site teams and management.
- Prepare site progress reports○Manage fueling of Company vehicles.
- Purchase hardware and project consumables, plan inventory and ensure warehouse efficiency
Responsibilities of the company
- Training in all tasks and protocol.
- Consistently provide timely feedback on tasks.
- Support professional development with resources.
- Periodic performance review (weekly during probation, monthly for first 6 months,quarterly thereafter).
- Observance of agreed upon time¬ off
How to Apply
Send your Cover Letter and detailed CV to email@example.com marking the subject as “2900”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2900 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday, 14th July 2017
* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test.
If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.
Send your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline : July 14th 2017