Brand Kenya Board (BKB) is a state corporation established in March 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The Board is mandated to develop and implement a National identity that will sour higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry, and manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporates / Institutional Headquarters, Tourism and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
The Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
Head of Information Communication & Technology (ICT)
Ref: BKB/HR/ ICT/06/2016-2017
Reporting to the Director Finance and Administration, this position heads the ICT department and is in charge of all computerization of the Board’s systems and projects to optimize organizational efficiency and outputs to deliver set objectives.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:-
The following are the key responsibilities and duties for this position:
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Formulate and implement ICT policies, standards and procedures in line with the Board’s objectives;
- Plan and oversee the acquisition, upgrading, repair and/or replacement and maintenance of computer systems, electronic equipment and peripherals;
- Initiate, plan, manage specific computerization projects and technological innovations;
- Preparation of technical specifications to be used in the procurement of computer products and services;
- Ensure that inventory of all computing equipment, software, hardware and ICT documents and records are properly maintained;
- Design, improve and manage BKBs website and LAN;
- Ensure there’s a sustainable organization succession plan;
- Ensure sufficient and correct information is uploaded on the Board’s website to ensure it projects the Boards image and vision;
- Ensure that the network is operational during access hours and appropriate back-up protocols are implemented;
- Responsible for regular maintenance programs and resolving failures in hardware and software;
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of documentation, manuals and user notes;
- Monitor the use of hardware and software and ensure all software is licensed;
- Responsible for setting up security parameters and ensuring virus checks are implemented;
- Comply with policies and procedures relating to health, safety, welfare, security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting any concerns to the appropriate person,
- Manage the ICT staff including training and appraisal;
- Develop and execute risk management strategy for all the risk factors affecting the Kenya brand;
- Ensure Departmental compliance with the relevant ISO standard and procedures of the Board; and,
- Any other duties incidental thereto
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Lead the department by budgeting, planning and directing resources to achieve targets and objectives;
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
- Ensure performance measures are designed to evaluate performance of the ICT function against the Board’s strategic plan;
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting is done on work undertaken on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis including for performance contracting;
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the ICT function and all documentation sent to the Director and the CEO.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing along the internal community within Brand Kenya Board to support the delivery of targets and goals by developing effective and strategic interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships; and,
III. Decision Making:
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/Evaluates subordinates’ performance
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or Computer Science or a related field
- Post graduate diploma or Certifications in Information Systems or equivalent
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in ICT of which three (3) years should be at managerial level or in a comparable and relevant position in a busy organization;
- A+ and N+ Certification;
- Conversant with LAN, and WAN/VSAT systems CCNA;
- Membership to a professional body for ICT professionals.
- A Masters degree from a recognized university is an added advantage; V. Key competencies:
- Conversant with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) -Microsoft Dynamics NAV, ICT infrastructure and systems.
- Proficient in a multi-platform environments e.g. Microsoft, Linux; and
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware/software issues
- Management, organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to develop and coordinate programs, SOPS and workflows.
- Proven track record of successful implementation of various ICT projects to support strategic initiatives of an organization.
- Knowledge and experience in modern ICT applications and operations management in financial services.
- Excellent relationship management, negotiation and strategic networking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with and manage customer expectations (internal and external) and other stakeholders who impact performance.
- Strategic orientation
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please visit our Website, www.brandkenya.go.ke, download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form) HERE, attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
How to Apply
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted to email@example.com or sent to the address below not later than Thursday 20, July 2017 at 5.00pm.
The Director Hawkins Associates Limited P.O Box 30684 - 00100 Nairobi
Tel: +254 722 204422/733 616 138; Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing for above positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.