Brand Kenya Board (BKB) is a state corporation established in March 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The Board is mandated to develop and implement a National identity that will sour higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry, and manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporates / Institutional Headquarters, Tourism and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
The Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
Head of Human Resource and Administration
Reporting to the Director Finance and Administration, the Head of Human Resource and Administration shall be in charge of human capital and administration functions of the Board.
The scope of the work will entail formulation and implementation of human resource policies and procedures, employee resourcing, employee on-boarding, salary administration, performance management, training & development, succession planning, budget preparation, handling Industrial relations disputes, managing organization discipline, and general administration.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:-
The following are the key responsibilities and duties for this position:
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- To plan, develop and drive HR strategies, policies and procedures to attract, retain and enhance capacity, and employ relations that maximize employee productivity in line with the corporate strategic plan;
- Development of organization strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organization strategic thinking and direction; establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Implementation of human resources strategies by establishing department accountabilities, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, records management, employee relations and retention, and compliance with Employment Act and related Government regulations and policies.
- To manage human resources operations by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining staff; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing staff job contributions; maintaining compensation; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change.
- Preparation and implementation of the Human Resource and Administration work plan and performance contracting targets;
- Salary Administration including bonuses and other rewards;
- Guide the implementation of an Industrial Policy by interpreting the impact of changes in labour laws on strategic business mission;
- Designing and implementing sustainable employee training and development plan.
- Managing the organization’s performance management system.
- Preparing budgets for the Human Resource and Administration unit and overseeing implementation and control;
- Manage sustainable organization succession plan;
- Provide leadership in building an effective organizational culture for sustainable results;
- Develop and administer a maintenance and repair programme of the Board’s property, motor vehicles, equipment, machinery and physical infrastructure based on approved contracts, requisitions and job cards to ensure highest workmanship and value for money;
- Develop and monitor guidelines on health, safety and security aimed at protecting staff from accidents and hazards and ensuring compliance with established regulations and submit reports on irregularities or unusual occurrences;
- Establish and continuously review policies, systems and operating/performance standards for transport and logistics services for optimum efficiency and costs;
- Develop and execute risk management strategy for all the risk factors affecting the staff, tools, equipment, machinery and motor vehicles and facilitate negotiations on appropriate insurance cover and compensation claims against the Board that may arise from accidents, property damage, loss or liability;
- Ensure Departmental compliance with the relevant ISO standard and procedures of the Board; and,
- Any other duties incidental thereto
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:-
- Lead the department by budgeting, planning and directing resources to achieve targets and objectives;
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
- Ensure performance measures are designed to evaluate performance of the Human Resource and Administration function against the Board’s strategic plan;
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting is done on work undertaken on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis including for performance contracting;
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the Human Resource and Administration function and all documentation sent to the Director and the CEO.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing along the internal community within Brand Kenya Board to support the delivery of targets and goals by developing effective and strategic interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships; and,
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the section
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or a related field from a recognized University
- Higher diploma in Human Resources
- Institute of Human Resource Management membership certificate and/or valid HR practicing licence
- 7 years’ relevant work experience with at least 3 years managerial experience in a busy organization
- A Masters degree in Human Resources from a recognized university is an added advantage
- Knowledge of Kenyan labour laws
- A demonstrable ability to drive organizational value through the implementation of appropriate and diligent HR management practices;
- Problem solving , analytical and orientation to detail skills;
- Ability to make critical and timely decisions in a highly sensitive environment
- ERP user Skills
- Leadership skills
- Guidance and Counselling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills;
- Have demonstrated personal integrity;
- Excellent relationship building skills;
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please visit our Website, www.brandkenya.go.ke, download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form) HERE, attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
How to Apply
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted to email@example.com or sent to the address below not later than Thursday 20, July 2017 at 5.00pm.
The Director Hawkins Associates Limited P.O Box 30684 - 00100 Nairobi
Tel: +254 722 204422/733 616 138; Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing for above positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.