Brand Kenya Board (BKB) is a state corporation established in March 2008 and mandated to ensure that an integrated national brand is created, harnessed and sustained in the long term.
The Board is mandated to develop and implement a National identity that will sour higher levels of pride, patriotism and social cohesion among the citizenry, and manage Kenya’s image and reputation in order to enhance the levels of confidence in Kenya as a competitive destination for; FDI inflows, Corporates / Institutional Headquarters, Tourism and Visitors, Trade and inward flow of talent.
The Board seeks to strengthen its management team by hiring valued talent to fill the following critical position:
Head of Finance
Reporting to the Director Finance and Administration, the Head of Finance will provide advice and support to the Board and management on all finance matters and ensure prudent financial management and accounting practice is achieved in line with international standards, the Board’s finance policies and relevant government laws and regulations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:-
The following are the key responsibilities and duties for this position:
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Provide financial planning to support the corporate strategy and be the custodian of financial plans and financial resource utilization;
- Establishment of sound financial policies, systems and procedures in compliance with statutory regulations;
- Designing and implementing internal control systems;
- Production of reports on all financial transactions;
- Coordinating the budgeting process, monitoring cash flow and overseeing the organisation’s financial performance against the budget and operational goals;
- Administering the payroll and employee benefits and the Board’s insurance;
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring grants accounting systems and procedures and capturing all pledges, billings and receipts;
- Coordination of annual audits (both systems & book audits) in compliance with International Accounting Standards;
- Management of day to day accounting processes, reconciling monthly activity and generating end-year reports;
- Maintaining liaison with relevant Government departments for necessary consultation on financial matters to ensure the Board’s compliance with statutory requirements;
- Guiding and supervising staff performance in the department to foster discipline, motivation and team spirit.
- Participate in the preparation of the Board’s strategic (Operational) plans and forecasts, cash flow projections and computation of expense ratios;
- Develop and execute risk management strategy for all the risk factors affecting the Board’s financial position;
- Ensure Departmental compliance with the relevant ISO standard and procedures of the Board; and,
- Any other duties incidental thereto.
- Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:-
- Lead the department by budgeting, planning and directing resources to achieve targets and objectives;
- Build a highly effective team, by leading, managing and motivating staff and by directing and coaching them where appropriate, so that they achieve excellence in delivery.
- Ensure performance measures are designed to evaluate performance of the Finance function against the Board’s strategic plan;
- Ensure timely and comprehensive reporting is done on work undertaken on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis including for performance contracting;
- Take responsibility for the reports emerging from the Finance function and all documentation sent to the Director and the CEO.
- Play a senior leadership role in bringing along the internal community within Brand Kenya Board to support the delivery of targets and goals by developing effective and strategic interpersonal and interdepartmental relationships; and,
III. Decision Making:
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions for the section
- Plans the work of subordinates
- Assigns work to subordinates
- Monitors subordinates work performance
- Appraises/evaluates subordinates performance
- A Bachelors degree in Commerce/Business Management (Accounting/Finance option) or similar field from a recognized University;
- Must be Certified Public Accountant (K) and/or ACCA;
- Seven (7) years progressive experience 3 of which must be in a senior management position from a reputable organization
- An MBA in Finance or equivalent from a recognized university is an added advantage
- Must be Member of ICPAK
- Practical knowledge of tax and other compliance requirements of state corporations;
- Budget development and oversight experience;
- Excellent appreciation of computerized accounting software and packages
- Analytical skills.
- ERP- Microsoft Dynamics NAV User skills
- Ethics and Integrity
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
If you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the set criteria for the above positions, please visit our Website, www.brandkenya.go.ke, download and complete the Application (Bio-data Form) HERE, attach copies of your professional and academic certificates, testimonials and state current position and remuneration, your email, day time contacts and contacts of three (3) referees.
Kindly, indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.
Shortlisted candidates would be required to provide copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions; The Criminal Investigation Department (CID), The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) and The Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the responsibilities of the positions will be negotiated with the right candidates.
How to Apply
All applications with duly completed Bio-data Form and copies of relevant supporting documents should be submitted to email@example.com or sent to the address below not later than Thursday 20, July 2017 at 5.00pm.
The Director Hawkins Associates Limited P.O Box 30684 - 00100 Nairobi
Tel: +254 722 204422/733 616 138; Please note that Brand Kenya Board is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Any form of canvassing for above positions will lead to automatic disqualification.
Please indicate the position and reference number on the application letter and Bio-data Form.