NGOs, and other Not for Profit organizations including Charities and Faith-Based organizations are not immune from Taxation, Reporting and other Compliance requirements. The widely held perceptions on exemptions expose these organizations to significant risk of non-compliance penalties and fines. Furthermore, the emerging focus by KRA on NGOs and other NPOs for non-compliance on specific areas is evidence that these organizations must pay more regard to their compliance obligations. While several avenues are available for NGOs and NPOs to seek exemptions on specific areas, NGOs and NPOs must familiarize themselves with these requirements and the available exemptions and aggressively seek these exemptions. Boards, Trustees, Executive Committees, CEOs, HODs and other Managers must understand what the legislative requirements are, avenues for seeking exemptions and other planning measures that they can take advantage of as a basis of mitigating non- compliance exposures and reducing the overall costs to the organization.
Hammond Tutu and Gunther will conduct a 2 day seminar on Finance, Tax & Compliance for NGOs and other NPOs including Charities and Faith based organizations. This 2 day Seminar will cover important Compliance Requirements specific to NGOs and other NPOs, in the following areas- Taxation (PAYE, WHT, VAT, Business (where applicable) other Pertinent tax issues including Tax implications for Expatriates, foreign staff and foreign offices, benefits, consultants, tax on Gratuity and other Lumpsum payments including compensation for loss of office. Other areas to be covered will be Tax Planning, Tax Crimes and KRA Audits. The Seminar will also discuss emerging tax issues including ‘’business income’’ for NGOs. Other issues of discussion will be Financial Reporting for NGOs, Labour Laws Compliance issues affecting NGOs, an overview of NSSF ACT 2013 and PBO ACT 2013.
This is an important Seminar for Directors, Trustees, CEOs, HODs and Managers in NGOs,, NPOs, Charities and other Faith Based organizations. After attending this Seminar, participants are able to guide their organizations in mitigating expensive non-compliance exposures and thereby directing organization resources to intended purposes.
OTHER SEMINAR INFORMATION:
17TH &18TH MARCH 2016
8:30AM TO 4:30PM
VILLA ROSA KEMPINSKI NAIROBI
KSH.42,500 PLUS V.A.T
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Directors, CEOs, EOs, Executive Directors, Executive Committees of the Board, Country Managers, Trustees, Board Members, Treasures, Heads of Finance, Heads of Programs, Program Managers, Finance Managers and Officers, HR Managers & Officers, Admin Managers & Officers, Budgeting officers, Payroll Accountants, Compliance Staff, Audit Staff, Office Administrators, Project Managers, Fund Raising Managers, Grant Managers, Program Officers, Tax Managers.
- Cost includes Facilitation, Training Materials, Lunches, Teas, Refreshments,Certificates.
- Organizations sponsoring more than 3 participants get the 4th to attend free.
- Participants are issued with a certificate of participation. ICPAK Members get CPD Hours in accordance with ICPAK rules.
- This program is approved by NITA (National Industrial Training Authority). Participating organizations are eligible to claim refund of training cost in accordance with NITA rules.
BOOK ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
DETAILED COURSE CONTENT:
- Overview of Tax, Finance & other Compliance Requirements for NGOs, NPOs, Charities & Faith Based Organizations
- Emerging Trends in taxation for NGOs, NPOs, Charities & Faith Based Organizations
- Payroll Tax for NGOs , NPOs, Charities & Faith Based Organizations
- Expatriate Taxation, Tax on Internationally Recruited staff, Volunteers, Relief Workers
- Cash and Non- Cash benefits for Local, Expatriates and Internationally Recruited staff
- Local & International Pension Schemes
- Tax exemptions
- Tax on Gratuity and other Lumpsum end of Contracts Payments
- Tax for Compensation for Loss of office
- Business Tax ‘ for NGOs
- KRA Audits- Triggers & Management
- Other Taxes- Withholding Tax, VAT, Exemptions
- Labour Laws issues affecting NGOs & other NPOs
- Financial Reporting for NGOs , NPOs, Charities & Faith Based Organisations
- Updates of NSSF ACT 2013, PBO ACT 2013
BOOK ONLINE BY CLICKING HERE
Liberty Plaza, 5th Floor, Mombasa Road
PO Box 214 - 00618, Nairobi,
Tel: +254-20 2340347, +254-704 914546, +254770 174425