EFFECTIVE AUDIT COMMITTEE TRAINING- MARCH 10th & 11th, VILLA ROSA KEMPINSKI, NAIROBI
Audit Committees have a significant role in enabling the Board embed good Governance in strategic and operational functions of the organization. An effective Audit Committee enables Board and Management to deliver value efficiently, effectively and consistently. Effective Audit Committees must appreciate their duties in areas such as internal controls, internal audit, external audit, financial reporting, risk management, reporting, and its interaction with other committees of the Board.
Hammond Tutu & Gunther will be conducting a 2 day Seminar on Effective Audit Committee on March 10th & 11th, 2016- at VILLA ROSA KEMPINSKI, NAIROBI.
EFFECTIVE AUDIT COMMITTEE TRAINING
This 2 Day course is designed to give participants practical insights on Best Practices and Emerging Trends to make Audit Committee more effective. This Program increases awareness of governance issues and audit committee effectiveness. It promotes audit committee and risk management best practices, and helps participants acquire practical insights to improve individual and collective contribution of the Audit Committee Members to the Audit Committee
This Program is designed to impart participants with skills and knowledge that will make them more effective in their oversight roles as Audit Committee Members.
1. Appreciate the Oversight role of an Audit Committee
2. Appreciate Scope, Functions, Responsibilities, and Accountabilities of AC.
3. Distinguish between their roles and the roles of other Oversight players-Internal Audit, External Auditors, and Compliance. How do these roles relate to Audit Committee roles.
4. Play a more meaningful role in offering Oversight over key organizational functions by asking the relevant questions on major areas such as operations, procurements, finances, cash flows.
5. Be more conscious of the concept of Risk Management, and aware of their roles in ensuring that the organization has set up a functional Risk Management Framework.
6. Be more aware of potential Internal Controls lapses areas that require more focus by the Audit Committee.
7. Get insights into Financial Reporting & Review- Accuracy in Financial Reporting and red flags. What to look out for as an Audit Committee member. What questions do you ask?
8. Appreciate Risks arising from advancement in IT and how do these expose the organization.
9. Appreciate Global Trends in Audit Committee Oversight roles.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
The Seminar is particularly useful to Audit Committee Members, Other Board Committee Members, CEOs, Internal / External Audit, Finance Heads and Risk Managers.
OTHER SEMINAR INFORMATION
SEMINAR TITLE- EFFECTIVE AUDIT COMMITTEE SEMINAR
DATE- 10th & 11th MARCH, 2016
VENUE- VILLA ROSA KEMPOINSKI-NAIROBI
FEES- Kshs 42,500/= PER PARTICIPANT PLUS VAT
1. Cost includes Facilitation, Training Materials, Lunches, Teas, Refreshments, Certificates.
2. Organizations sponsoring more than 3 participants get the 4th to attend free.
3. ICPAK Members will get CPD Points in accordance with ICPAK rules.
4. Participants are issued with a certificate of participation.
5. This Program is approved by NITA (National Industrial Training Authority). Participating organizations are eligible to claim refund of costs in accordance with NITA Rules.
CLICK HERE TO BOOK THIS COURSE
DETAILED COURSE COVERAGE
Overview of Contemporary Audit Committee Issues
a. Role and Emerging Expectations of contemporary audit committees
b. The role of the Audit Committees in enhancing Good Governance
c. Purpose, mandate, responsibilities and coverage
d. Consistent Shareholder, Stakeholders’ Value Enhancement- legitimate claim
- Effective Audit Committees
- a. Composing an effective Audit Committees-Qualities, Skills, Duties and Competencies for the 21st Century Audit Committees
b. Interface with Internal Audit, External Auditor, CEO and Management
c. Stakeholder engagement-Leveraging the individual capability of committee members
d. Getting the right support with clear, concise, and meaningful reporting
Key governance features of Audit, Risk management and Compliance
- a. Risk Management in Relation to Governance
b. Risk management Framework
c. Internal controls
d. Fraud Prevention & Detection
e. Corruption prevention
f. Internal and External Audit- The Expectation Gap
4. Effective Oversight through Financial Analysis - Key to Governance
a. Understanding Financial Reporting and Ensuring Accountability
b. What are the Financials saying?
c. What you cannot see on the face of the financials.
d. Are the Financials accurate? What to look out for including Creative Accounting