About COL: Career Outsourcing Limited (COL), is a Human Resource Company offering specialized services in recruitment / headhunting; Psychometric assessment, Career Coaching, Training and Development, and Staff Outsourcing.
At COL we endeavor to provide high level professionalism and capability in human resource practice.
COL is a member of IHRM.
About Our Client:
Our Client, Uchumi Limited is the oldest supermarket chain in the country and offers the finest Home of Value; farm fresh fruits and
vegetables, freshly baked bread and pastries, friendly customer service and a wide variety of local quality merchandise.
The supermarket is growing steadily, and is seeking to recruit a dynamic, exceptional and visionary leader with good professional
and ethical standing to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
This is a challenging and extremely exciting role that will provide the qualified candidate with the opportunity to make a marked difference in his/her career.
Reporting to and working in partnership with the Board of Directors and leveraging multi-cultural teams to maximize Uchumi Supermarkets Plc’s revenue, profitability and shareholder value through sustainable business growth, excellent customer experience and building a strong team.
- Support the Board in developing and driving the Company Vision, Mission, Core Values, short- and long-term goals.
- Ensure that the Company policies and regulations spelt out by the Board ¡n the overall Corporate Strategy are fully adhered to and implemented.
- Provide the Board with the support necessary for the identification and hiring of competent persons to direct and manage key functions and operations of the company.
- Ensure that the Board is regularly and adequately informed and updated on the operations and performance of the company.
- Drive revenue growth and performance to ensure agreed targets are met.
- Identify opportunities for expansion in terms of outlets, products, and new segments.
- Manage and develop a strong team and culture within the organization.
- Ensure that there is an effective risk management framework in place.
- Build the Uchumi brand equity and Corporate image.
- Envision and implement Information Technology systems that will boast operational efficiency to a world class level.
- Ensure that the company’s Human Resource Policy and Code of Conduct are adhered to by all employees of the company.
- Institute strong corporate governance structures, and internal control systems.
- Ensure product and service quality to deliver excellent customer shopping experience.
- Ensure organizational stability and sustainability through succession planning.
- Master’s degree in Business or related field with at least twelve (12) years’ experience at an executive management level within the retail sector or FMCG preferably in a large organization.
- Knowledge/Experience in the following areas is required: Financial Management, People Management, Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Ability to raise Capital and Strong Networking skills.
- Business savvy: Demonstrate record of revenue/profit growth and business development.
- Commitment to results: Highly innovative, performance and results driven coupled with good business acumen and excellent leadership skills.
- Analytical and passionate transformative leader.
- Strategic thinker.
- Excellent implementer.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Change Agent Demonstrate ability to change status quo, and lead the team to achieve organizational objectives and vision.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
How to Apply
The job offers an attractive competitive remuneration package on a three-year renewable contract.
Interested candidates should send their applications with detailed CV indicating current position, qualifications, work experience,
current and expected remuneration, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names of at least three (3) referees and day time telephone contact to:
Career Outsourcing Limited,
Delta Corner Towers-Westlands,
P.O Box 66868-00800,
To be considered, application must be received by Thursday, 22nd February 2018
Note: Our client is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your application to : email@example.com
Application deadline : February 22nd 2018