The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of Heshima Kenya Human Resources Function. S/he provides advice to Country Director and Senior Managers on strategic staffing plans, compensations, benefits, trainings and development, budget and labor relations. The HR Manager takes leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance to Heshima Kenya strategic objectives. S/he will be responsible for effective planning, designing, development and evaluation of human resource-related initiatives that support organizational strategic goals. In addition, HR Manager will lead performance management process, talent assessment and effective labour relations in Heshima Kenya. S/he reports to the Country Director on issues regarding implementation of policies and procedures, safety of the workforce, recruiting and hiring of high performing employees, and labor, legislative and other human resources issues. The Human Resources Manager will strategically manage Heshima Kenya Human Resource Function in a manner that solidifies the relationship between achieving Heshima Kenya goals and recognizing efforts of employees. This is to be achieved via selective staffing, training, education, and rewards as an investment towards employee retention while capitalizing on their skills and abilities to meet HK Mission. The Manager will build and help to sustain learning culture as a core value of Heshima Kenya for retention of expertise and qualified employees as well as checking on turnover.
The Human Resources Manager is a member of Heshima Kenya Core Senior Management Team and reports directly to the Country Director.
· Managing the recruitment process, including drafting job descriptions/terms of reference, advertising open positions, reviewing resumes, coordinating and conducting interviews, conducting reference and background checks, drafting offer letters
· Processes open position requests and assigns open position numbers. Posts open positions on recruitment sites. Maintains open positions log. Oversees maintenance of files associated with recruiting. Acts as a resource to the supervisors in their recruiting efforts.
· Managing the on-boarding/ employee orientation process for new employees
· Directs the development and implementation of organizational staff development programs, and training programs for staff, benefits plans, policies and guidelines, database management procedures, equal opportunity employment program and employee records and documentation policies. Evaluating effectiveness through compiling and analyzing data.
· Acts as a resource to supervisors in handling personnel-related issues which include performance management issues. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement plan (PIP) process with non-performing employee
· Prepare and distribute various reports on HR metrics to ensure HK Human Resources needs are met; Ensuring compliance with National Laws and Industry Regulations for the continued success, effectiveness and efficiency of HK by advising department managers on legal implications of HR issues related to discipline and employee grievances. Planning and overseeing the HR function budget.
· Involve all the staff in reviewing /revising HK core values and supporting departmental heads in ensuring compliance
· To effectively structure benefits programs to attract and retain top talent
· Support in making informed business decisions based on existing data and statistics in regard to staff issues
· Utilizing technology to enhance and measure the results of human program
· Maintaining up-to-date personnel information and files; Ensuring HK complies with the entire statutory obligation including processing and uploading PAYE and submission of NHIF, HELB and NSSF deductions to the various entities
· Processing monthly payroll in liaison with Director of Financial Operations
· Administering employee benefits; Completing and submitting paperwork to external agencies including worker’s compensation claims, unemployment claims, verification of employment, etc.
· Maintains workers’ compensation and medical paperwork; oversees tracking; maintains and tracks auto insurance eligibility dates; orders business cards; oversees processing of employees staff identity cards and filling in of new hire notifications with finance department; completes employment verifications and responses to HK unemployment claims.
· Maintaining the employee handbook and organizational staffing chart
· Overseeing the annual employee performance review process and tracking employee performance documentation
· Leads the implementation of company safety and health programs; responsible for establishing and maintaining an Injury and Illness Prevention Plan. Distributes safety notices, workers’ compensation required notices and investigates staff incident reports
· Ensuring management actions conform to employee handbook and labor laws
· Creating people and culture policies and procedures
· Liaising with Heshima Kenya legal counsel to discuss HR-related issues, as needed
· Addressing personnel-related issues as well as liaising with Functions Heads to support them in complying with the same
· Participating in disciplinary and termination meetings ensuring the organization actions are in compliance with Heshima Kenya Human Resources Policies and procedures as well as the existing government laws in relation to them same
· Must have experience with all aspects of Human Resources including performance management, policy creation, labor law, recruiting, benefits along others areas
· Must possess excellent organizational and leadership skills with a strong attention to details and the ability to work with minimal direction.
· Must have experience with office administration and employee supervision.
· Must have extensive experience with human resources management software programs
· Must have experience interacting with corporate level executives and understand proper business etiquette.
· Must have outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional proofreading skills.
· Must have excellent interpersonal communication and team working skills
· Must be able to utilize a personal computer for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to speak, read and write the English language fluently.
· Ability to handle stress and deadlines with tact and an even temperament.
· Must have a strong sense of accountability and responsibility for results.
· Must have a sense of humor, positive attitude, and willingness to work in a collaborative environment
· Experience working with remote staff.
· Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be a registered member of Human Resources Management Association
· 5 plus years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Human Resources Manager. Experience working in a non-profit preferred.
How to apply:
Your application should be send to the address below indicating the position applied in the email subject by close of business Friday 23rd February 2018. It should include a cover letter & a detailed CV (as one document in PDF format) with your contact details, details of current and expected remuneration, names and contacts of three referees, one of which should be your current supervisor.
Please note that Heshima Kenya does not charge any fees for receiving or processing job applications. Heshima Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
NB. All applications should only be send through the email.
P.O Box 63192 – 00619 Nairobi Kenya
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline : February 23rd 2018