Business Development Manager
Mission Aviation Fellowship is a not-for-profit, Christian organisation whose mission is to reach isolated communities through aviation. In Kenya we fly small aircraft to assist Mission organisations, Churches and Relief agencies in providing humanitarian and spiritual sustenance to isolated people.
The primary purpose of the position is to increase the impact and scope of flight operations in Kenya, especially those from our new sub-base in Marsabit. The successful candidate will do this by close interaction with partners (both existing and prospective) and tailoring MAFs flight solutions to the existing and future needs of isolated people in Kenya.
Business Development Manager Job Responsibilities
- To understand the scope of the spiritual and humanitarian needs in Kenya:
- Monitor various sources of information to build up a picture of the needs.
- Create a database/knowledge base of information relating to spiritual and humanitarian needs and partner activity.
- Identify gaps in the provision of spiritual and humanitarian engagement with isolated people in Kenya, and create opportunities for MAF to proactively engage with partners to fill these gaps.
- To develop strategic opportunities for MAF in Kenya by:
- Strengthening partnerships with current partner organisations (customers)
- Working with current partners to increase the provision of flight services, and to create new opportunities for MAF to add value to their ministries
- Identify and develop relationships with new partner organisations, and seek to develop opportunities to add value to their operations/ministries through the provision of MAF air services.
- Develop and maintain a social media presence in relation to MAFs current flight activities in Kenya
- Speak on behalf of MAF at Churches, business meetings, forums and other events
- To undertake the day to day management of the business development task by:
- Carrying out surveys, talking to passengers, arranging meetings with decision makers in partner organisations
- Maintaining a database of partner information including their activities, future plans, past flight activity and trends.
- Creating draft flight proposals for partners, proposing new routes for shuttle flights, pursuing ‘Memorandum of
- Understanding’ agreements with partners
- Develop SMS, Whatsapp, email and other avenues for sharing availabiltiy of spare seats, payload and flight legs.
- To foster Partnership Development by:
- Building strategic alliances and collaborative networks with other organisations in order to increase the impact of MAF services
- Maintaining an up to date and thorough understanding of MAF’s operations in Kenya
- Working as part of the team to implement and embed agreed procedures and processes where relevant.
Qualifications for the Business Development Manager Job
- University education or equivalent experience in business development
- Aptitude in verbal, numerical and abstract reasoning
- Demonstrated ability to be able to build and maintain good relationships with all levels of the organisation
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent communication skills including public Speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, strategist, analytical, commercially focused and a team player
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract for 1 year
Job Location: Nairobi with frequent travel to Marsabit.
There is an occupational requirement for the post holder to be a born again and committed Christian
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above should send a motivation letter and copy of updated C.V, to email@example.com on or before 12th July 2017 at 4:00pm.
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
Send your application to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline : July 12th 2017